Seeing as it is already 3 months into 2014, here are my goals. These were set at the beginning of the year.
- (Added 9/5/2014) Post updates on time
- (Added 9/5/2014) Post 1 – 2 non-updates per month.
- Create a blog: This has been successful. The challenge for me know will be to figure out what I want to post!
- I took a few months off post house and work surge over the summer. I hope to be more regular.
I reached several important milestones in 2013:
- Converted my prior portfolio to a dividend growth portfolio.
- Receive $2250 in dividends (actually received about $2329).
My financial goals for 2014 include:
- Reach a forward projected dividends of 5k.
- This is probably not going to happen, unless I get very aggressive with my reserve cash.
- Collect $4300 dollars in dividends
- I haven’t broken a 12-month forward of 4300, so this will also probably not happen.
- Max out my 401k.
- This is on track, I have been working so much OT that I have to keep moving my contribution downward to keep investing each week for the rest of the year.
- Save $100 from my budget and invest in Loyal3 brokerage (June-Dec).
- I have been able to save $50 a week from my budget to invest in Loyal3. Which will be 200 per month!
Purchase a house
I have saved for eight years to buy a little place of my own and with rents rising around here, I think it makes sense for me to do this. Succeed back in April.
Fitness is an important part of my life and the following are what I would like to achieve by the end of the year.
- (Added 9/5/2014) Run a half marathon in under 1:30.
- Do 20 pull-ups without stopping
- This goal may or may not happen. I have been suffering from an overuse injury 🙁 in my elbows, which has made sets of more than 5 difficult.
SquatLift at least 3 days a week for the entire year
- I am considering this a success so far, I changed my routine to life heavy 4 days a week and continue to do so.
- Run a 5:40 mile