Site Changes and a few companies on my mind

I am changing my domain registrar and if I don’t do it right, I might disappear until I figure it out!

Potential Purchases

As I have been looking over the current positions in my portfolio, I don’t have a lot of positions that I would really want to add to at the moment.   I wouldn’t mind adding some more oil, but with the recent surge and already large size of my portfolio, I am planning on looking around in a few other sectors.

Below are some potential ideas that I may purchase at some point in the future.

Healthcare is something that I have very little exposure with.  I currently own JNJ and BAX.  I think that both of these positions are around fair value and might add to one or the other by the end of the month.

Food has been on my mind lately as well.  Owning companies that sell necessities will increase the “sleep at night” factor of my portfolio.  I currently own K and GIS in this space.  I have been considering adding  JM Smuckers (SJM).   I am planning on doing some research over the next few weeks.

I would like to add to the Financial portion of my portfolio.  I am a little leery of this sector and may look north of the border for an addition.  There are several solid Canadian banks including RY, BNS and TD.

Wish me luck!

Here we go! Maintenance time.

Disclaimer: Long JNJ, BAX, K, GIS

Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Site Changes and a few companies on my mind

1. Good luck. See you on the other side 🙂

Oh and some great stocks on that list. I have similar names on mine.
    R2R
    Roadmap2Retire recently posted…Archer Daniels Midland (ADM) Dividend IncreaseMy Profile

• ILG says:

Hi R2R!

Glad to see we are thinking similarly. Just my luck SJM announces and acquisition today and jumps!

Good times!

Take care!

2. DivGuy says:

You’re still there! 😉 I’d add to JNJ or have a look into UL! 🙂 As for Canadian Banks, BNS probably is the strongest, but I suggest you look at NA too. It shows great stats for this year and further. Good luck! Keep us updated.
    DivGuy recently posted…What Has Been Done After 1 Month of Great Resolutions?My Profile

• ILG says:

Thanks DivGuy! Thanks for the bank recommendations! I will have to add NA to my research list.

I had forgotten UL! Will need to think a bit about them too!

Turns out, I won’t be able to do the maintenance till this weekend.

Take care!

3. DivHut says:

I totally understand the reluctance to invest in bank stocks especially after what happened about 5+ years ago but like you, I too am considering looking north in order RY, TD and BNS. If you are not comfortable nibble into the sector rather than gorge.
    DivHut recently posted…Rolling Down The Dividend HighwayMy Profile

• ILG says:

Hi DivHut!

Thanks for stopping by! I agree that adding to a position slowly is good to do in general and especially in sectors your less comfortable with.

Canadian banks appear to be on peoples minds lately!

Take care!

4. Looks like the site still is up, so you must have done something right. As for me, I’m looking at a few different companies, with JNJ and EMR being two of them. Solid dividend growth stocks that will add some diversity and growth to my portfolio.
    writing2reality recently posted…Milestones and Memories, Passion and DeterminationMy Profile

• ILG says:

Hi W2R!

So far so good! The real magic may not happen till this weekend!

I like JNJ and EMR. I added to EMR recently and it is still around my buy price, so that is an option.

Can’t go wrong with either I don’t think!

ILG