Well, as I saw in April, this was a seesaw month, where nothing really happened. It seems that all news is good or bad depending on the day! The month was quiet all around. Not much action on my part and not many increases. I suppose all things considered, that is nothing to complain about.
The only thing that has been going crazy is Buyouts, Spinoffs and Acquisitions. A few of note:
- As mention previously, SBSI is buying another bank called OMNI American. A bank with a presence in the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex.
- LO appears to be on the verge of merging/getting bought by Reynolds.
- ATT wants to buy Direct TV.
- ARCP was going to spinoff a part of the business, then sold it to another buyer and bought the Red Lobster properties.
- BAX has announced it is going to split itself into two in 2015 (news from April).
- Buffet has been rumored to be interested in making a big deal. Some speculation has included K and WEC.
Lots of action, should be an interesting few years
Last year I received $120.20 in dividends. This year I increased that by over 100% and ended with $248.72. That is great, I would love to see this big of a jump next year, but that doesn’t look like it will be the case. I am investing slowly and even if I invested every dollar that I could, my yearly total would raise by about 1k (at an average yield of 3%).
You can see my Progress page for additional information.
It was a slow month for dividend increases:
- Bax : 6.1%
- SBSI : 5%
Raises I am happy with. Of course, SBSI also gave me some shares, so the total dividend increase for the position is higher than 5%.
No new positions this month.
I did not add much cash:
- New Cash: TGT, MAT MCD, SBSI, UL
No positions drip with the exception of OHI.
Going forward I want to add at least 100 dollars out of my budget to my positions in the Loyal3 account. I am not going to worry that much about valuations because the cash will be small amounts and this is basically a drip. However, I will not be adding any to INTC until they raise the dividend again.
I have been pretty busy and have not had much time for research and the market is boring me right now. I will probably be slow over the next few months, which works out because I have some home improvement and trips to take!
Over the next twelve months I expect to receive at least $4021.37. This is an increase of about $50 from last month and I broke 4k!
Disclaimer: Long all stocks mentioned, with the exception of RAI and DirectTV